Birthday! (I would like you to dance...)
I love the ideas of birthdays, a special day in which you can throw around to get special treatment. Somehow, though, I just can't wrap my head around TODAY being my birthday. Like, I look at the calendar and it says 'septemeber 25' oh yes, that is my day. Great. Anyway, yay today! What to do? Adina gave me a t-shirt deconstruction craft book, so I think I might go find a thrift store and craft her a shirt from one of the designs. she was really nice and accomodating this weekend to the Meximo invasion. And what an amazing birthday cake! Wow! She made an Italian love cake which actually has ricotta cheese in it and about two inches of chocolate mousse icing. whew. you better believe that was my breakfast. Yum.
So the festivities began on friday when sarah and I went downtown and met Kayla for lunch. After lunch we did a little shopping, did we even buy anything? I don't think so. we hurried home to meet up with Diltz and his friend, get ready and go to our party!!! Here we are glamming it up:

Once Diltz and John appeared we rushed to get to the train to get downtown. everyone was already at our party for the most part. We were running down the streets of downtown with an apocalyptic cloud of tornado overhead and the appropriate warning sirens in the air. A tornado was quickly approaching. the second we stepped into the bar the sky opened up. Inside, we were presented with our wrist band, two tickets and other things I can't remember. It was an amazing time (although they did NOT play my request of RHCP (they did play Scar tissue and dani) and only played one second of my requested toxic (boo!)) However they did play GIRLS! by the beasties. We were way happy, so much pants were split. this is probably us dancing around stupidly (full of Long islands) to GIRLS!

Uhm, yeah so i got drunk... texted a little, called some, ate a cheeseburger and passed out in my bed. the next morning I had to work (ouch, yes) but I wasn't too hungover. And no one really came to class. sweet! After work i rushed home, took a shower and headed over to tattoo factory to get inked. I got there and everyone had submitted their designs and were getting consulted. there was a photographer there from theRed Eye doing a story on one of the tattoo artists. he was also taking pictures of people's tattooes. he asked if we had any already and then took pictures of mine. Then he asked if I was getting any others that day. I told him about sarah and i getting our tats together because we are besties going to Nica and then dedicating our lives to the land. Ha. And he was interested (I think he was swayed by sarah's beautiful aerobic pants) and asked if he could document our tattoos. So we got the entire thing documented by a pro photographer! felt like the paparazzi!!! Even if they don't do a story on us, I hope he sends some of the pictures. so anyway we picked the location (right rib cage) and gave them the design. Sarah wanted hers a little higher on her side, near her boobie, and mine is a little lower right above the waist. This is the rune:
And this is what it means:
It is super sweet and super simple. And now I am totally hooked and am going to get a lot more. And I think one day i will break out and get more picturesque things, rather than just symbols. But I definitely like symbols.
So everyone got something done. Kayla got a really cool symbol that means there is something in heaven, let it reach me, on her wrist. emily got two cute stars on her foot and Jay got an ohm on his shoulder. everyone looks great.
After the tattooing, we got some food at wishbone and then had a calm little slumber party.
sunday we visited Kayla's apt and Jay's neighborhood. I took em, meg and sarah to Trader Joe's where we got expert recs from our friendly TJ's employee Sarah. then everyone headed home.
I had SO SO SO much fun this weekend. And today is still my bday! And my day off. seriously, best weekend ever!!!
So the festivities began on friday when sarah and I went downtown and met Kayla for lunch. After lunch we did a little shopping, did we even buy anything? I don't think so. we hurried home to meet up with Diltz and his friend, get ready and go to our party!!! Here we are glamming it up:

Once Diltz and John appeared we rushed to get to the train to get downtown. everyone was already at our party for the most part. We were running down the streets of downtown with an apocalyptic cloud of tornado overhead and the appropriate warning sirens in the air. A tornado was quickly approaching. the second we stepped into the bar the sky opened up. Inside, we were presented with our wrist band, two tickets and other things I can't remember. It was an amazing time (although they did NOT play my request of RHCP (they did play Scar tissue and dani) and only played one second of my requested toxic (boo!)) However they did play GIRLS! by the beasties. We were way happy, so much pants were split. this is probably us dancing around stupidly (full of Long islands) to GIRLS!

Uhm, yeah so i got drunk... texted a little, called some, ate a cheeseburger and passed out in my bed. the next morning I had to work (ouch, yes) but I wasn't too hungover. And no one really came to class. sweet! After work i rushed home, took a shower and headed over to tattoo factory to get inked. I got there and everyone had submitted their designs and were getting consulted. there was a photographer there from theRed Eye doing a story on one of the tattoo artists. he was also taking pictures of people's tattooes. he asked if we had any already and then took pictures of mine. Then he asked if I was getting any others that day. I told him about sarah and i getting our tats together because we are besties going to Nica and then dedicating our lives to the land. Ha. And he was interested (I think he was swayed by sarah's beautiful aerobic pants) and asked if he could document our tattoos. So we got the entire thing documented by a pro photographer! felt like the paparazzi!!! Even if they don't do a story on us, I hope he sends some of the pictures. so anyway we picked the location (right rib cage) and gave them the design. Sarah wanted hers a little higher on her side, near her boobie, and mine is a little lower right above the waist. This is the rune:

And this is what it means:
A rune from the earliest runic alphabet. It stood for a j-sound and was associated with year and a good year's crop. The Hopi Indians have used it as well. It is said to be their symbol for universal brotherhood.
It is super sweet and super simple. And now I am totally hooked and am going to get a lot more. And I think one day i will break out and get more picturesque things, rather than just symbols. But I definitely like symbols.
So everyone got something done. Kayla got a really cool symbol that means there is something in heaven, let it reach me, on her wrist. emily got two cute stars on her foot and Jay got an ohm on his shoulder. everyone looks great.
After the tattooing, we got some food at wishbone and then had a calm little slumber party.
sunday we visited Kayla's apt and Jay's neighborhood. I took em, meg and sarah to Trader Joe's where we got expert recs from our friendly TJ's employee Sarah. then everyone headed home.
I had SO SO SO much fun this weekend. And today is still my bday! And my day off. seriously, best weekend ever!!!
A blog about life, plants and the pursuit of zombies.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home