05 September 2006

Nica loves me!

Nicaragua finally emailed me back saying something about "Oh, we thought you knew! The job is yours." I promptly bought a huge pack, travel shirt and waterproof pants. I am so readyset to go. My boss asked today how Nica was going and I told him the news and he was genuiunely excited! He said "Please be sure to contact me when you return. Right now all we have are volunteer positions, but i have a feeling something will come up right in time for you." Nice!

This past weekend was a lot of fun. I was so happy we were there for more than 1 full day and 2 halves. We drove down on Thursday night, starting at about 730. I got a ticket in Louisiana (bullshit - the speed limit changes from 30-55 in about 400 feet) and we got into Meximo at about 130/2a. The next morning I went and got my license renewed and saw my momma at work. Oh, and Kaleena too! I told her about the news I got that morning (Nica) and saw her class. Drew went in a little later. My momma, brother and I then went to the football game (tailgated before, odd.) and the bulldogs lost. But it was cool to see my dad coach! Friday night was hilarious. Everyone went to Abbys and got thoroughly DRUNK. For example... a drunk Alyse with Diltz:


Circle of death!


Emily and Alyse before her pretty necklace broke...



Vagina tree? Hmm?

And then, of course, was the wedding. I did not take a digital camera (all of these pics are stolen off Facebook) so the only pictures I have decided to include involve me and the girls. It was a lot of fun. Short ceremony (right? 30 minutes..) and then long night. We all looked sooo pretty!

Sarah and Alyse

our wedding party

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home