Not coming to a theater anytime soon...
Wow, after watching Day of the Dead, I really thought I could sit through just about ANY zombie movie. And now that I have watched my latest Netflix delivery, my zombie movie tolerance was truly tested.

Movie: Enter... Zombie King
Year: 2006
Country of Origin: Canada
Zombie speed: Slow, yet intelligent flesh eaters
Cause of outbreak: never really explained, but used for wrestling matches and in a diabolical plan to take over the world
I have no clue why I thought a movie combining zombies and lucha libre (Mexican masked wrestling) would be a good idea. The cover of the movie looked promising enough, and I thought I could put up with masked avengers, until I realized these masks do NOT come off – ever! So not only does the bad dialogue challenge your interest, but you also must struggle to understand the words through a wrestling mask. The acting is atrocious, the plot is ridiculous, and the zombies are a strange hybrid of flesh eaters, blood drinkers, and wolves. Even the actors portraying the zombies had a difficult time not cracking up throughout the scenes. Half the time the wrestling choreography is as good as some of the backyard wrestling matches you can catch on YouTube, and the blood and gore is pretty unbelievable. Somehow, the camera work is pretty good and the movie “looks” really pretty. The music is rather excellent as most of the songs are done by the Tijuana Bibles. My favorite character is Tiki, the original zombie fighter who speaks in Mexican catch phrases like “Mira, hombre” and “Callate!” to the zombies. In the end, Tiki is able to domesticate the zombies and the movie wraps up with a zombie lesbian make-out scene. SERIOUSLY.
Aye, caramba.

Movie: Enter... Zombie King
Year: 2006
Country of Origin: Canada
Zombie speed: Slow, yet intelligent flesh eaters
Cause of outbreak: never really explained, but used for wrestling matches and in a diabolical plan to take over the world
I have no clue why I thought a movie combining zombies and lucha libre (Mexican masked wrestling) would be a good idea. The cover of the movie looked promising enough, and I thought I could put up with masked avengers, until I realized these masks do NOT come off – ever! So not only does the bad dialogue challenge your interest, but you also must struggle to understand the words through a wrestling mask. The acting is atrocious, the plot is ridiculous, and the zombies are a strange hybrid of flesh eaters, blood drinkers, and wolves. Even the actors portraying the zombies had a difficult time not cracking up throughout the scenes. Half the time the wrestling choreography is as good as some of the backyard wrestling matches you can catch on YouTube, and the blood and gore is pretty unbelievable. Somehow, the camera work is pretty good and the movie “looks” really pretty. The music is rather excellent as most of the songs are done by the Tijuana Bibles. My favorite character is Tiki, the original zombie fighter who speaks in Mexican catch phrases like “Mira, hombre” and “Callate!” to the zombies. In the end, Tiki is able to domesticate the zombies and the movie wraps up with a zombie lesbian make-out scene. SERIOUSLY.
Aye, caramba.
Labels: zombies
A blog about life, plants and the pursuit of zombies.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home