Print Gocco!
I alluded to the fact in an earlier post that I would be posting pictures and an explanation of one of my xmas presents. My very resourceful list making sister gifted me a Print Gocco!It is a japanese printmaking kit. I am unclear on whether or not it has been discontinued (not too long ago there was a scare in my crafting circle that the Print Gocco was no longer produced...) but it is very difficult to get in the states. So today I gave it a try.
First things first, I had to decide what to make! I am not an artist, which kinda sucks, but I had a few ideas. The printing area is only 4"x6", so nothing too big, and the kit came with gold, black and red ink. So I drew up three small business card sized things. One is a quote I really like "Worry is a misuse of imagination", the other two are silly fake business cards. One for my friend, the Marine, advertising him as a zombie hunter, the other one for me.
Here it is loaded up in the machine.

Assembling the light bulbs into the lamp hood. These bulbs are single use. Booo!

Now loading the filter. The light will burn this filter wherever there is black on my original.

Press down the top portion, and the light bulbs FLASH! very brightly and the screen has been burned.
This was taken just after the giant flash.

Now, take the filter out. The original is stuck on the outside of the filter so you can tell where you want the ink to go. In this picture I have already put down some color guards, to keep the different colors separate.

With the ink of top.

Now, just load the filter back into the Print Gocco. Place a clean piece of paper on the printing area, and press the hood down. tada! The first print!

Now it didn't turn out perfectly. sadly, the only part that didn't work WONDERFULLY was the Marine's zombie hunter cards. I think it still works, because (with enough imagination) you can imagine that is how someone's business card might look after the apocalypse.
I made quite a few prints...

First things first, I had to decide what to make! I am not an artist, which kinda sucks, but I had a few ideas. The printing area is only 4"x6", so nothing too big, and the kit came with gold, black and red ink. So I drew up three small business card sized things. One is a quote I really like "Worry is a misuse of imagination", the other two are silly fake business cards. One for my friend, the Marine, advertising him as a zombie hunter, the other one for me.
Here it is loaded up in the machine.

Assembling the light bulbs into the lamp hood. These bulbs are single use. Booo!

Now loading the filter. The light will burn this filter wherever there is black on my original.

Press down the top portion, and the light bulbs FLASH! very brightly and the screen has been burned.
This was taken just after the giant flash.

Now, take the filter out. The original is stuck on the outside of the filter so you can tell where you want the ink to go. In this picture I have already put down some color guards, to keep the different colors separate.

With the ink of top.

Now, just load the filter back into the Print Gocco. Place a clean piece of paper on the printing area, and press the hood down. tada! The first print!

Now it didn't turn out perfectly. sadly, the only part that didn't work WONDERFULLY was the Marine's zombie hunter cards. I think it still works, because (with enough imagination) you can imagine that is how someone's business card might look after the apocalypse.
I made quite a few prints...

Labels: gocco
A blog about life, plants and the pursuit of zombies.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home