Mad Hot Ballroom
Last night I watched Mad Hot Ballroom, a movie I got from Netflix. This documentary is about a ballroom dancing program for 5th graders (or were they in 4th grade?) at the public schools in NYC. The students learn various ballroom dances (foxtrot, merengue, tango, rumba, swing) and then compete. It was SO cute. I thought it was a really well done documentary, but you can't go wrong when you have cute kids dancing REALLY well and with attitude. As a documentarian, I highly suggest it.
A blog about life, plants and the pursuit of zombies.
1 Comments:
I heard about that program on NPR once. They are testing it out in Omaha and had a whole 30 min long segment on it, I remember because I listened to it out in the woods on my first 15 mile run, in between the story about Hispanic Soccer programs in the US and Gautanamo bay.
It seemed like a really beneficial program, I would really like to see the documentary.
Post a Comment
<< Home